Black skin often tends to be dry and sensitive. If you are a Black man and you want to have beautiful skin, you should focus on care. How to have a beautiful black skin when you are a man? In this article, we are going to give you the best tips for having beautiful skin!
Determine your skin type for appropriate care on black skin
In order to obtain beautiful skin, it is necessary to determine which treatments will best suit it, according to its needs. And it depends on your skin type, as well as its condition. To know your skin type, you can use the simple test below:
- Simply wash your face with a mild cleanser and water, then pat dry.
- Then wait an hour without applying any products to your skin.
- Once this time has elapsed, observe your skin carefully: if it is dry or tight, you have dry skin. If it shines and looks oily, your skin is oily. If it's not oily or dry to the touch, your skin is normal. And if your skin is dry in some places and oily in others, you have combination skin.
How do you know your skin condition? The first step is to know the condition of your skin. To do this, you can consult a dermatologist or an esthetician, who will help you confirm your skin type and any underlying conditions that may be affecting your skin. They will also be able to recommend the best products and treatments for you if applicable.
Once you know the condition of your skin, you can start taking steps to improve it. Ethnilink offers some general advice on how to care for Black men's skin.
Protect your black skin against external aggressions
The skin is exposed to many external factors that can damage it. Pollution and friction are part of it. The sun can be both good and bad for your skin. Getting enough vitamin D is important, but too much sun can damage your skin cells. Black men are also susceptible to the harmful effects of the sun despite the high production of melanin. Melanin is a pigment that helps protect our skin from the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays.
That's why it's important to take special care of your skin if you want to maintain its health and improve its appearance:
- Wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day, even on cloudy days
- Wear protective clothing, such as long-sleeved shirts and pants, when outdoors
- Stay in the shade as much as possible during the hours when the sun shines the strongest
- Wear sunscreen every day to protect skin from damage.
By following these simple tips, you can have healthy, beautiful black skin! This will allow you to prevent damage that could be inflicted on your skin before it has to be repaired.
How to have beautiful black skin for men? The routine to follow
Once the specific needs of your skin have been determined and good protection habits have been established, you can adopt a routine to apply daily to have beautiful skin.
- Above all else, always cleanse your face! This is the most important step in any skin care routine. Use a mild cleanser. You want to avoid harsh chemicals and sulfates that can strip your skin of its natural oils. Instead, look for a cleanser that contains moisturizing ingredients like aloe vera or glycerin. Use it twice a day, morning and evening. Our recommendation: Green Skincare Clarifying Foaming Cleansing Gel
- Exfoliate your face regularly. Dark skin can be prone to buildup, so it's important to exfoliate at least once a week. This will slough off dead cells and reveal brighter, more radiant skin. Our recommendation: Candes Gentle Clarifying Scrub.
- Apply an aftershave balm or lotion to soothe the skin and be gentle to prevent hyperpigmentation spots from appearing
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Dryness is one of the biggest concerns for Black men. Use a moisturizer to help keep your skin looking and feeling. Our recommendation: Green Skincare Hydra Crème
Follow these simple tips and you'll have beautiful skin in no time. Finally, in addition to the external care provided to your skin, you can take a course of food supplements available on our online store to make it beautiful by acting from the inside too.