When it comes to makeup for black skin, some women may not know where to start. There are so many different products and techniques out there that it's sometimes hard to know what will work best for you. In this article, we share with you some makeup tutorials for black skin and give you some tips that will help you look your best.
Preparing your skin to receive make-up
The first make-up good practice we mention here is skincare before make-up. There are a few key points to keep in mind when applying makeup if you have black skin.
To properly prepare your skin before applying your makeup, apply this step-by-step tutorial:
- First, clean and dry your skin well before you start applying makeup,
- Second, be sure to moisturize your face. A hydrated face will make it easier to apply your makeup. It also keeps your skin healthy. You can use Nuhanciam's hydra-intense cream
- Finally, always use a primer before applying foundation. Also called a primer, it will help you create a smooth base for your makeup and make it last longer.
Choosing the right makeup tools and products
No successful make-up without suitable tools or products that suit you. To choose the right products and equipment for your make-up:
- Know your skin type and identify its needs,
- Choose products that respond,
- Get advice from professionals and do some tests to see what suits you best,
- Adopt quality makeup accessories that will follow you everywhere
The make-up kit represents a certain budget, but it is worth investing in order to obtain good results. In addition, since cosmetics are in direct contact with the skin, it is important to select cosmetics with the cleanest composition possible.
Black skin makeup tutorial for a perfect complexion
The skin primed and the material out, it's time to apply the foundation. Foundation is key. A good foundation will even out your skin tone and give you a good base to work with. It enhances eye, lip and cheek makeup that you will wear later. Be sure to find a foundation that perfectly matches your skin tone, neither too light nor too dark. And don't forget to set your foundation with powder so it stays put all day.
Follow this makeup tutorial for black skin to have a well-even complexion and a good base for your make-up:
- Choose an oil-free foundation formula that will give you a matte finish. The Black Up Mattifying Fluid Foundation is a great option.
- Apply concealer one or two shades lighter than your black skin on any hyperpygmentation spots, concealer is your friend. Dark skin types tend to be prone to hyperpigmentation, so using concealer can help,
- Work on the texture of the foundation,
- Apply the foundation evenly to your face with a brush or sponge, working from the inside out
How to properly remove make-up when you have black skin: the tutorial
The other key to keeping healthy skin is to cleanse it thoroughly and take care of it on a daily basis. Several make-up removal techniques exist. You can opt for layering or a simpler technique. Black skin makeup tutorial for effective makeup removal:
- Use a large cotton square or a washable wipe to cleanse your face with mild make-up remover,
- Once you've cleansed your face, you need to moisturize it. Find a good quality moisturizer suitable for your skin type and apply it evenly all over your face.
- Finally, cleanse your face with a mild cleanser and lukewarm water. This will help remove any dirt, oil or makeup residue that may still be on your skin.
With the right products and the right techniques, anyone can achieve a beautiful makeup look, regardless of their skin tone.
Find out our make-up tips to find out all about make-up for black skin. Everything you need to do these make-up tutorials on black skin can be found in the make-up section of our online store.